Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

I am 16...wait?!?

I am constantly being told that I look like I am still in high school. I usually smile and secretly get a little annoyed. However my young face has finally come in handy. I went to audition with Katie for the Sound of Music put on by the Sundance Summer theatre. I was nervous to audition because it has honestly been A WHILE since I have sung or danced or did anything like it...unless Ward Choir counts :) I have always wanted to do a play, and even though I was pretty nervous, Katie convinced me to come with her. I put together a resume, chose a song, took a head shot and headed to my first audition since 2005. I had a mad case of pre-performance butterflies beforehand, but the audition went well. I was happy about my song and was really happy I ended up doing it. I thought that was it. Then I got an email.


Hello Shara,
This is Mel, the stage manager for THE SOUND OF MUSIC. We would like to thank you for your audition, and invite you to join us for callbacks Monday evening, May 2, to read for the role of Liesl.
What?!? I was so excited, although I did find it hilarious that I was called back for the role of a 16 year old girl. Overall the audition process was fun and it made me feel confident in my abilities. Katie ended up getting the part which I was so happy about! (There were 5 of us called back) I'm just glad to know that even though I am a mom who has been out of the game for a long time I still have that passion and love for the arts. I hope this is the first of many auditions. Until next time, I am 16 going on 17 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment