Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Happy Easter

We here at the Pack house are getting excited. Spring seems to finally be looking around the corner. With this hopeful turn in the weather also came the wonderful Easter holiday. I love Easter. As a kid I loved the eggs and baskets. As I got older I also loved the yummy dinner that came along with the candy. Now as I have children of my own and an ever changing perspective I love Easter for it's promise of new beginnings, of new life and the chance to look to our Savior and his Sacrifice for us all. This year I have been trying to teach my girls the real meaning of Easter. I explained to Kaylee that Easter is a holiday where we celebrate that Jesus having died for us, came back to life so that we can all live forever too. Of course that is the 3 year old breakdown, but can I just say that I am so glad to have the 3 yr old breakdown in my life. Being in Primary and having small kids you explain things with such simplicity that it helps me to remember how important each principle and lesson is. We live in a world where we complicate everything. Where we let people put shades of gray in our mind about certain subjects, but in reality life is black and white. If you don't believe me just ask a  kid. They don't say "well in this case," or "It's bad but not if you do it this way" etc. 
Anyhow we had a lovely Easter with family and friends. My counselor Robin gave a lovely Sharing time in Primary about the Savior and his crucifixion and resurrection. She brought in a helium tank and explained to the kids that everyone gets a body (a white balloon) when they are resurrected. However only those who chose to follow the Savior and follow his counsel will rise to live with Him again (ie balloons filled with helium vs balloons filled with air). It was such a an amazing way to explain the concept. I am so grateful for my Savior. I am grateful that he died for us all and that because he was resurrected I can be to. I know that if I do the best I can I too can rise to live with Him again! 
Lastly for fun, a few pictures of my babies!!


 We hope you all had a wonderful Easter!!

2 comments:

  1. Shara, your girls are just so adorable! :) I am sure you already know that, but I had to share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I swear a just saw you a month and a half ago...when did Kennie get so big?! She looks like such a big girl in all of these pictures!! So cute! Love you guys! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete